Friday, April 28, 2017

VSA Headlines - April 2017


Bristol chef, 24, died after inhaling laughing gas: He had told mental health team he was at 'breaking point' - but there was no evidence that he was trying to take his own life.

New chemical composition of 'poppers' linked to retinal damage: The new chemical composition of the legal high 'poppers' is linked to retinal damage at the back of the eye, finds a small study published online in the British Journal of Ophthalmology.

Inhaling Poppers Associated With Visual Toxicity: Interview with Dr. Rebecca Rewbury, Sussex Eye Hospital.

Prison for gas-sniffing window ledge yob who caused traffic chaos in Paisley: It's the second time that [he] has climbed out of the fourth floor flat causing a full-scale emergency.

Is it harder to get hold of laughing gas in Bristol since legal high ban? Almost a year on from the government's ban on legal highs, how much has really changed?

Exposed: The 'hippy crack' craze that is putting Coventry youngsters in danger: Scores of discarded nitrous oxide canisters have been found in Keresley and Coundon.


Driver gets 14 years for fatal crash linked to huffing (WA): At trial, jurors were told [the defendant] and the girls had been huffing computer cleaner in the car.

Motorist was huffing before fatal crash (VT): Police say a motorist who blamed a stuck floor mat for losing control and killing a pedestrian was actually huffing before the deadly crash.

Woman heads to court on homicide by vehicle charge related to huffing (PA): A Lebanon woman is heading to county court on charges she caused a fatal crash after huffing dusting spray.

Teacher caught 'huffing' to get high dies suddenly before his firing (PA): A 41-year-old elementary computer teacher from western Pennsylvania who was about to have his job terminated for a string of arrests related to 'huffing' solvents from aerosol cans to get high has died suddenly.

Elyria mother turns her son into police for huffing canned air to get high (OH): Son found unconscious, left children unattended.

Woman arrested for inhaling laughing gas in front of police (CA): A California woman has been arrested for inhaling shots of nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, while speaking with police.

'Poppers' might permanently damage your eyes: More evidence that the harmless high isn't quite harmless.

Traffic accidents caused by VSA occurred in FL while other VSA-associated arrests took place in FLMO, PANV, NYTN and WI.


Double tragedy for family after former police sergeant's son, 13, dies from suspected huffing in the Bay of Plenty town of Opotiki: A boy has died from suspected huffing a day before his 14th birthday, prompting his grandfather to make a heartfelt plea for young people to learn from the tragedy.


Duo injured in car blast while sniffing butane: Two teens, ages 17 and 18, were hospitalised after the butane gas they had been sniffing inside a car with the windows closed caused an explosion.

UAE public health warning after spike in teens inhaling painkiller spray: Public health authorities have issued an alert over the recreational use of a pain relief spray after a spike in teenagers abusing the substance.


Y-Speak: Vulcaseal unsealed: Rugby is originally used for laminating wood products, decorative laminate, edge-banding, metals, FRP, tile board and a wide range of other related products. It can also be used as strong glue. However, in the Philippines, it is used as an inhalant and is known to be the third primary drug problem in the country.