This month, the Home Office publishes the latest Drug misuse: findings from the 2015 to 2016 CSEW report, which examines the extent and trends in illicit drug use among a sample of 16 to 59 year old residents in households in England and Wales.
Blackburn man punched nurse in the face and racially abused doctor: A 53-year-old man who had been sniffing butane gas and drinking punched a nurse in the face, racially abused a doctor and made threats to another female member of staff at Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Woman seen sniffing gas at back of 256 bus: Police were called by Stagecoach Manchester after the incident on the on a number 256 bus at Trafford Bar.
Community shocked by growing use of laughing gas in Dursley: Police have warned that a surge in the number of people using ‘laughing gas’ in Dursley could lead to a fatal accident.
£250k lottery cash will help local charity combat spread of 'legal highs': Parents, students and youngsters are all being warned over the danger of so-called 'legal highs' after a charity was given £250,000 to tackle the use of such substances in the Potteries.
Health responses to new psychoactive substances: EMCDDA, Lisbon, June 2016
'It's russian roulette.' Warning as teenager, 19, dies after smoking ‘legal high’ known as Pandora’s Box.
Belleville man arrested for 'huffing' inhalants to get high dies later at hospital (IL): A man who police arrested for inhaling compressed gas to get high Friday began complaining of shortness of breath and later died at a hospital, authorities said.
She replaced heroin with huffing. Now, she's dead at 39 (PA): An accidental overdose of dusting spray killed a woman who got sick in her probation officer's car in April and later died at Memorial Hospital.
Fargo man charged with negligent homicide in wife's huffing death (ND): A Fargo man is charged with negligent homicide in the death of his wife, who according to court documents, died after the two had a mutual huffing session.
Serious traffic accidents and fatalities caused by VSA were reported in NC, NJ, PA, WI.
Florida woman found huffing propane, puts lighter over tank: A Florida woman was arrested last Thursday after deputies said they found her without any clothes on and sucking propane from a tank, which she held a lighter over when she saw the deputies.
Petrol sniffer burns down mother’s house (NT): A petrol sniffer destroyed his mother’s house by setting fire to a pile of his own clothes because his family tried to enter him into rehab, a court has heard.
Stop sniffing glue: A 13-year-old student is the latest to have been treated at Fiji's mental institution, the St Giles Psychiatric Hospital, for volatile substance abuse — glue.