'Hippy crack' craze will kill more teens, warns doctor: Experts predict rise in deaths linked to nitrous oxide which has already killed 17 people this year.
Glastonbury bans 'hippie crack' from 'sacred' festival space: Seemingly objecting most to the silver canisters left behind by users of the legal high, Liz Eliot, the co-ordinator of Glastonbury’s Green Fields, wrote a statement for music fans warning that nitrous oxide is also nearly 300 times more damaging to the atmosphere than carbon dioxide.
Amazon's 'hippy crack' for 30p a hit deal is slammed by drug charities and grieving mother: The 'laughing gas' is sold to help pump whipped cream but web shoppers can also buy the cartridges with a cracker – a dispenser that can fill balloons
Investigation reveals dangers of 'hippy crack' craze putting country's youngsters at risk: Discarded metal canisters around city streets lay bare the soaring popularity of dangerous legal high.
'He needs to apologise': Drugs charity calls on 'role model' England star Raheem Sterling to apologise after video of him 'inhaling hippy crack' emerges.
Jack Grealish caught up in 'hippy crack' controversy as Aston Villa star pictured inhaling nitrous oxide on night out.
EastEnders' Lorna Fitzgerald pictured taking 'hippy crack' as show bosses launch probe.
Why are so many people using laughing gas? After Raheem Sterling was filmed apparently inhaling nitrous oxide, a drugs expert says the gas has become ubiquitous, warning of possible dangers
Two cousins found dead 'after taking legal highs at house party' - and third man in hospital: Police are today probing the death of two men suspected of taking a lethal batch of "legal highs" at a house party.
Mother-of-one, 18, 'has two heart attacks and dies after taking former legal high M-Cat at a house party': An 18-year-old mother-of-one had two heart attacks before dying from multiple organ failure after taking M-Cat at a house party, her family have said.
Parents of teen found dead in housing estate in Newtownards call for ban on legal highs: The parents of a teenager found dead in the middle of a housing estate have blamed legal highs and pleaded for them to be banned.
Stoke-on-Trent kids quizzed on scale of legal high use in the city: More than 2,000 pupils aged 11 to 16 in secondary schools were questioned by Stoke-on-Trent City Council as part of the authority's biennial Stoke-on-Trent Young People's Lifestyle Survey.
Guilty pleas in ground-breaking legal high case: Guilty pleas have been entered in a ground-breaking prosecution over the sale of so-called legal highs in Belfast, the High Court has heard.
New Addaction project aims to raise awareness of legal high risks: Addaction operations manager Darren Jones said: "We will be getting out to colleges, clubs, pubs, and anywhere else in the community where there may be people affected to offer support.
Lincoln legal high ban comes into force: The UK's first city-wide ban on people taking legal highs in public has come into force.
Teenager's story of being hospitalised after taking legal high is worth a hundred "just say no to drugs" messages, says Abbie Wightwick.
My brother died in agony from £2 legal high and I don't want another family to go through same heartache: The family of a man who died in agony after taking a £2 legal high are backing our campaign to get all such drugs banned, writes Phil Cardy in the Sunday People .
Legal highs trader urges change in law to help customers ‘make an informed choice’: “If we had the same responsibility as those selling alcohol have, we could say: ‘I think this will be too strong for you’ or, ‘you only need a little bit at a time’ and, ‘maybe you should give it a rest for a bit’ or ‘I think you’ve had enough already’, but we are not allowed to by law.”
Huntington driver who caused fatal crash after inhaling cleaning product to be sentenced today (NY): A 20 year old Huntington driver, who admitted he inhaled an aerosol keyboard cleaner before he broadsided a Commack woman’s car, killing her, will be sentenced today.
Mom admits to inhaling dust cleaner while watching her baby, authorities say (NJ): A 22-year-old Sparta woman pleaded guilty to child neglect charges that stemmed from a December 2014 incident in which police said she'd inhaled dust cleaner while she was taking care of her 20-month-old daughter.
Alleged ‘huffers’ arrested in Lake Worth on child neglect charges [FL]: Two people were arrested in Lake Worth Tuesday after Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies found them semiconscious in an apartment littered with Dust-Off cans the couple were allegedly using to get high, according to an arrest report. Lying on the floor among the cans of the compressed gas cleaner was a crying 1-year-old.
Man found passed out in Abilene after inhaling 32 cans of solvent [TX]: [He] reportedly admitted to police that he is addicted to inhaling solvents and that the 32 cans were his.
Man, 21, accused of huffing gasoline (FL): A 21-year-old Ocala man who told a sheriff’s deputy that he was snorting gasoline from a lawnmower because “it makes him see things” was charged with inhaling harmful material/chemical.
Motoring offences caused by VSA were reported in CA, MI, MT and NC.
Main Street sniffing 'out of control' says Winnipeg worker: Predatory solvent pushers are destroying the lives of some of the city's most at-risk people and no one is doing anything to stop it, says a woman who works on Winnipeg's Main Street downtown. Another story on this topic by CBC can be read here.
Natuashish youth found sniffing gas at abandoned home: The Innu Nation deputy chief in the small Labrador community of Natuashish says enough is enough and something more needs to be done after he found a group of youth sniffing gas at an abandoned home.
Other legal highs
Auckland Council decides legal high areas: Auckland Council has decided where legal highs can be sold if they become licensed again later this year.
Substance abuse common among street children: Study [New Delhi]: Tobacco and alcohol followed by cannabis and inhalants, sedatives, heroin and opium are the most common items of substance abuse among children on streets, according to a study by the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights.