Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21st 2011

Sadly to report the death of 14-year-old Bethany Adcock from Sheffield after inhaling fumes from an aerosol can. Dr Richard Oliver, Sheffield GP and joint clinical director of NHS Sheffield, said: “Solvent abuse can cause as many deaths as ecstasy."

The Headteacher at Bethany's School has said: “The school has experienced the sudden death of Bethany Adcock. We are deeply saddened by her death, Bethany was a Year 10 student, popular and friendly. Her sudden death is a tragic accident but it will obviously have an impact on the whole school, in particular those who were her friends and knew her well." (Yorkshire Post)